Thursday, October 25, 2012

Matte Nude, Black, and Gold Glitter Leopard Print


Here's a quick design I threw together today! Just some simple leopard print. Sometimes simple is better than crazy and extravagant.


The base color for these nails is OPI Samoan Sand. I know I've said this before... but I am seriously obsessed with this polish. It is the PERFECT nude polish for my skin tone. I should probably stock up on it before it mysteriously can no longer be found, because I don't think I'll ever find another this perfect for me. If you're on the pale side like me and you have a hard time finding a nude definitely give this one a try! I have it as one of my favorites in the Amazon widget to the along along with some of my other faves. I seriously buy everything from Amazon.

The glitter in the center of the leopard print is I'm Not Lion by China Glaze. It was part of the On Safari collection (which I just ordered from Amazon! Can't wait for it to come!) It's a sandy gold glitter with silver and holographic glitter in it as well.

The black part of the leopard print was done with black acrylic paint by Apple Barrel and I used a tiny little paint brush. 

I also used Butter London's Matte Finish Topcoat to finish this simple, but gorgeous babies off.


I really love these. So simple, but so cute! What am I saying... Any nail art that's matte and nude is cute!


14 comments:

  1. dude, samoan sand is perfection. I only have a quarter of a bottle left! love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously is! I'm in love with it. I'm almost afraid to use it because I don't want it to run out. I think I'm going to get another bottle. haha.

      Delete
  2. WOW! First of all, leopard is my favorite thing. Ever. Second of all, I LOVE Somoan Sand!! This is going on my wish list immediately. The matte finish of this mani REALLY makes it. I loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that matte finish made this mani too. It would have looked great shiny, but I was dying to make it matte.

      Delete
  3. I seriously love this mani so much I think I might have gasped a bit when I saw the pictures!! :)
    My current "go to" nude is Don't Pretzel My Buttons but it's still not my perfect, mannequin hands shade. Every time I go to Ulta I pick up Samoan Sand and then I put it back because it looks too sheer to me (I *HATE* VNL!!). It is such a perfect nude on you and I'm a fair skinned gal myself so I might just have to bite the bullet and give it a whirl. How many coats is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I would definitely recommend giving it a try! I have 2 coats on, but I also don't have much of a nail line since my nails are so short at the moment. It is slightly sheer but it covers surprisingly well! You would probably be able to have full coverage with no nail lines in 3 coats. If you do the first 2 coats really thin and then the last coat normal to medium thickness. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the response! I'm going to Ulta today so I can pick this up! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi sweetie. I LOVE your blog - I just pimped it a little bit, you deserve so much recognition. You've quickly become one of my "must reads" of the day. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'm really glad you like it and I'm glad you found it! :)

      Delete
  5. beautiful, amazing... but simple? noooo.... I love it too much! SS was my mannequin shade too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. Thank you! Samoan Sand is one of my favorite polishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How has no one commented on these and told you how awesome you are? Love these so much! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting via Disqus. It's much easier for me to respond to comments that way, and it gives you more options to sign in and leave comments. If you aren't commenting via Disqus you may not get a response. Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...